Follows the daily experiences of our Detroit Cristo Rey High School students as they learn about the business world while balancing school and life. Ideal Group's interns welcome you follow their experiences as they grow and learn.
Yesterday Amanda told me that I was going to work at Ideal Surplus. When I got here, Amanda asked me to wait because Zack, Gary, and Chris were in a meeting. I sat down on my desk and worked on my PowerPoint and I read "Who Moved My Cheese." When I got to Surplus, Zack asked me to check inventory. I checked about 2 drawers of inventory and then it was time for lunch. I went to Ideal Group for lunch, after lunch I went back to Surplus. I continued to check inventory for the rest of my day. I was working so much that I lost track of time. Zack told me that I could leave. I went back to Ideal Group and wrote my blog. My day was great. Do I like working sitting down or constantly moving. I like working in a office setting but eventually you get tired and bored. I like to move around a lot when I work, I stay active and I don't get bored. Each of them has there pros and cons. I like both jobs equally.
My Day Today, I was off to a bumpy start. One of the workers was at the laptop I usually work at and he looked like he was there to stay. Enrique got me a laptop in accounting, but it was lacking in the programs I needed so I had to download alot of them, such as PDF Sam Basic, Java, and Adobe Flash. After all that, we had a meeting about some incidents and what to do in certain situations. Steve left around 10, so I had to go looking for some other work when I was finished with his BOLs. The group in accounting showed me how to do Invoices, at least I think that's what it's called, and I was set for the rest of the day. Santino Lopez - 10/28/16
The three goals that I have set for myself for this week are I will try to complete all my work here at Ideal. The reason why is because I get lots of work and its hard to try and get all of it done but I'll try and finish it all before I leave work. My goal for this month is to get my grades up as high as possible because I want to go to a good college so I must have good grades. I'll will try to study more for tests because there are very important because it helps you raise your grade and if you don't do well you'll get a low grade. My goal for the year is to have a GPA of a 3.0 or higher because it would really look good because its something I haven't accomplished yet. I will do this by asking teachers for extra help on things and studying each day for at least 30 minutes.
Comments
Post a Comment