Follows the daily experiences of our Detroit Cristo Rey High School students as they learn about the business world while balancing school and life. Ideal Group's interns welcome you follow their experiences as they grow and learn.
Today I mailed invoices and I did two Excel list one that was a food company and the other one was a gas company in the United States. Then I gave out the newsletter to the people in the Ideal Shield area.
Yesterday Amanda told me that I was going to work at Ideal Surplus. When I got here, Amanda asked me to wait because Zack, Gary, and Chris were in a meeting. I sat down on my desk and worked on my PowerPoint and I read "Who Moved My Cheese." When I got to Surplus, Zack asked me to check inventory. I checked about 2 drawers of inventory and then it was time for lunch. I went to Ideal Group for lunch, after lunch I went back to Surplus. I continued to check inventory for the rest of my day. I was working so much that I lost track of time. Zack told me that I could leave. I went back to Ideal Group and wrote my blog. My day was great. Do I like working sitting down or constantly moving. I like working in a office setting but eventually you get tired and bored. I like to move around a lot when I work, I stay active and I don't get bored. Each of them has there pros and cons. I like both jobs equally.
Today in the IT department I worked on various things. The things that I have been trained to do are becoming more normal to me and I also hope to learn more. In the morning, I got Santino started as usual and went straight to my desk. I greeted Sean and we had friendly banter. After that talk Sean discussed what we had to do today. First we started off by building a new shelving unit in for the new conference room. When we finished that I was to throw away the box and get another task from Sean. Then Sean had another computer for me to refurbish. As I moved along with the refurbishing time had flown by and lunch was upon me. Again, my great supervisor bought me an order of chili cheese fries. After lunch I came back and finished the refurbish and went to get another task. We went to building B to then connect some Ethernet ports. Once the Ethernet ports were connected we returned to building A for my last couple of tasks. When we arrived, I was to co...
Today was an extremely busy day for Sylvia. When she first got here she already had stuff she need to accomplish. Our meeting was cut short for the reason that there was another meeting going on at 9. I got assigned a few task in the morning. I had to call Crime Stoppers of Michigan and purchase to tickets for Frank and Laurie. Than I had to make two actions plans for myself. Lastly I had to call Abel to get informed on the manhole in the parking lot. Then I had lunch and during lunch I worked on my English paper that is due tomarrow. After lunch we had our monthly safety meeting. After that I worked on calendar appointments until it was time to leave. Diego Cruz
Comments
Post a Comment