Last Day As A DCRHS Intern

I started off my day with an interview with Channel 7, then I came to work, I began to work on the excel sheet that Yvette and I are creating for future volunteers. Then I, transferred tasks. I helped Yvette with a diagram of the Urban Garden. She organized each bin with what was planted inside of it. I continued with that task throughout my day. I also helped Sean out with checks. We had a meeting at noon with Tony, we talked about scholarships and he gave us some good tips for college. Overall my day was good. Four years ago I walked into Ideal Group as a freshmen. I was really scared and nervous. I did not know what to expect from this. My experience at the Ideal Group has been a rewarding one. I've learned so much through the work study program. I've become a more responsible person. I learned a lot of skills that will help me out through my college life. Detroit Cristo Rey High School has put me on the right path. I have learned and received a lot of help through my mentor, sponsors, teachers and friends. Today being my last day as a DCRHS intern was a bit sad. I am excited to say that I will be working here through my college curriculum, and that I will be one of there first graduates from DCRHS. It's sad to know I won't be defined as a Cristo Rey intern anymore, and that I won't give my elevator speech as often. But what excites me is that after today, I will be a Cristo Rey Alumna and an Ideal Group Employee. I look forward to giving back to the community as Ideal gave to me. I want to be able to help out the future interns throughout their high school experience. I'm done with school and interning, but my journey has just begun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog