FTC Competition by Richard Zarate

                My day started off great; I did what I normally do at Ideal Surplus. Jackie handed me a pallet with items to receive to do on my own. Many pf the items I had to receive were electrical components. I did the bigger items first and worked my way to the smaller ones. It took me a while to get adjusted but then I was working in my normal pace. I had lunch with my sister and she asked me to bring some items from Surplus. After lunch I continued to work on the items. I was able to catch a difference between multiple of items that were listed as the same. Many of them had different prices and functions as well. I felt proud of what I did today.

                Last Saturday, Detroit Cristo Rey hosted an FTC competition in their gym. I was able to be a volunteer for the event. We helped set up on Friday with the arena and tables. We also organized the hall ways with directories. On Saturday, I volunteered as a safety advisor and runner. I had to make sure everyone was wearing safety glasses and there wasn’t any horseplay. I was also a runner because I had to do multiple of errands for other people during the competition. I also assisted Hector from Taco Veloz because he was getting crowded with customers. It was an amazing opportunity to help with a competition and hopefully we can do it again next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog