Possible Mentor? by Richard Zarate

   Today was a pretty interesting day for me. When I got to Surplus, I changed my into my work clothes. I went to go do some cycle counting but Keith told me that they moved the parts and they were going to have me work on something else. He asked Phil if he had something for me to do. Phil had me work on folding boxes for parts. It's been a while since I've folded boxes, but I still remembered how to. I did about a hundred before going to my meeting with Nick Luxon.
   I arrived to Contracting around 11:30 and Sylvia took me to Nick's office. I sat down with Nick and started talking to me. We talked about my family, education, goals, and work. I asked him questions about his job and how he got to Ideal. Our meeting was about 30 minutes. Before the meeting ended, he gave me his business card and set another meeting for another day. After the meeting, I had lunch with Enrique. I went back to Surplus and continued to fold boxes for the rest of the day. My day was great and I look forward to my other meeting with Nick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog