A day at Google

Knowing that we were going to go to Google in Ann Arbor thrilled me with excitement. Linzie picked us up at my house around noon. We drove to Ann Arbor and had a great talk on our way there. She said she was going to take us to a famous place for lunch and that going there would be like knowing the whole Ann Arbor community. We arrived at Zingerman’s at about 12:50’ish . Let me tell you that this place was very cool. We ordered our meal and they lead us to another place where we could get our drinks and pick up our food. We found a table for four, grabbed our drinks and began to eat.  We took pictures and Linzie bought us Gelato. Before we knew it, it was time to head on to Google. For some reason I was nervous, but very excited.
Chris Genteel met us at the Google lobby shortly after we arrived. We got our name badges and Chris began to give us a tour of the Google facility. He told us many interesting facts about Google, he also told us about there 70, 20, 10 strategies. It was time to go see the Tigers, so Chris walked us to the room where they were going to come. It was very full, almost all the seats where taken. Mike Miller, Director of Online Sales and Head of Google Ann Arbor, came and greeted us. He had a special place for us to sit, bean bags! He introduced us to the Google team, and we watched a Google intro video.  The Tigers came in and we were able to give them a “High Five” as they walked in.
The Tigers where beyond amazing, they answered questions and gave out very funny answers. Chris gave out an awesome tour, I had lots of fun exploring the Google facility. I honestly had a great time. I felt very special and I am very grateful with Ideal Group and the Google team in Ann Arbor for allowing us to share this awesome experience with them. I now anxiously wait for the summer of my freshmen year in college to apply for an internship with Google.  Let the countdown begin!

Osmara Zarate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog