Christian Perales 12/15/2017

This week has been very nerve wrecking and exciting. Although the best and most anticipated part of my week, aside from the snow days and basketball games, was my notification on my Early Decision application to Dartmouth College, which is my top choice. Thursday after 4 pm was the set time for the decision to be posted. There was a snow day Thursday so all I had to think about that day was my letter. The snow day was great, it meant I could relax a little but, yet I didn’t have much of a way to keep my mind off my letter that was going to be posted at 4 pm.
                When the time came I called my mom on my phone, so she could be with me when I opened my letter because she was still at work at the time. I took a few deep breaths and went to the online portal to view the status. When I opened the decision update and saw the acceptance I was in shock, I told my mom I got in and soon after I became emotional. No one in my family has ever attended an Ivy League College, and few attend four-year universities. My older sister attends Michigan State University and when I called her, she too began to get very emotional because of how proud she was of my hard work and dedication. Anything is possible when you put your mind to it and get to work.I know I got accepted on my own, but I couldn’t have done it without the help of Ideal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog