4/21/16 by Richard Zarate


                My day started off as usual, when I got off the bus, I went straight to Ideal Surplus. Keith had me work on Sharon’s computer because she wasn’t here. I continued to help Jackie with receiving. We had more people help us but they were new to MAS and constantly needed help, so I was almost like a mentor for today. For the day, I was either helping out people with instructions or putting in items in the system. I had a good homemade lunch for today and I did some homework for lunch. I went back to Surplus and continued to help out. I helped Keith in the last couple of minutes by putting bearings in our system only. I had a great work day; I was able to get work done and help pout people.

                On April 17th, 2016 at the Deltaplex in Grand Rapids, MI, a rookie team won the All-star award. This isn’t just any team, this is a team that is located in Southwest Detroit and is part of the REC’D Center as well. Team 5915 Mercy Midnight Storm an all-girls robotics team won the Rookie All-star award at states. This is an amazing achievement for the REC’D Center and for Southwest as well. The REC’D Center has helped its robotics team by providing a build center for them and as a result are accomplishing amazing achievements. Southwest is where majority of the teams come from and to send a team to Worlds is beyond amazing, this proves that Southwest Detroit has some bright students who are helping the community to be recognized. That these students are going to help create the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog