Christopher Lara, April 25, 2016

Senior Luncheon Speech
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am Christopher Lara and I will be attending Loyola University of Chicago studying nursing; however, I didn’t plan my future like I do now. Ever since freshman year, we seniors have been growing and maturing with the help of the teachers, mentors, and work partners from Detroit Cristo Rey.

All of the seniors you see here have been through many personal struggles, and adding the work load from school and extracurricular activities only made their jobs harder. This didn’t stop them, though, because every senior here has persevered through the Cristo Rey experience, and has come out more dedicated, more alert, and more prepared for future obstacles. I would like to thank our parents, work partners, and teachers in life for this great moment today.

Alfred Tennyson, a poet who we may not remember, said something we should all apply in our lives at college, “To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield”


Thank You

Comments

Popular posts from this blog