04/14/16 by Richard Zarate


                Today was mostly a computer day for me. When I arrived at Ideal Surplus, I had to complete a mandatory training for Ideal Group on cyber security. I spent about an hour on the training. Once I was finished, I had to fill out an application online for Growing Detroit’s Young Talent.  While I was filling out the application, Jesse asked me if I could water his plants and deliver some papers for him. I had to go back to the main building to drop off some papers to accounting. I stopped by to say hi to Sylvia and she asked me and Enrique to create an executive slide about Detroit Cristo Rey’s robotics team and about the REC’D center as well. Sylvia also asked me to email Joaquin Nuno a quote I had about our build center. In a meeting, I said the build center was an area where young minds come together to help create the future. After our conversation, we went to lunch.
        During lunch, I sent Joaquin the email and received a response within minutes. He loved the quote and congratulated me in what I’m doing. After lunch, I went back to Surplus and started to work on my executive slide. Sylvia wanted a concept of our slide by the end of the day and I was able to get a good amount of progress on the slide. My day was proficient and exciting as well.

                What is my vision statement and has it changed?  My vision statement was to make sure the Kinematic Wolves gets to compete in states. Unfortunately that was able to be achieved, but that doesn’t mean it’s the end. Next year, the Kinematic Wolves will be one of my biggest priorities. It’s going to be my last year being a member of the Kinematic Wolves and I want to end it with a bang. My new vision statement is to give my all in helping my team. Next season will be my last year as a member, doesn’t mean I’m not coming back as a mentor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog