9/16/14 by Richard Zarate

  When I got here, I said hi to Andrea. I started my day by updating the mailer list. After I finished, I went upstairs to Ideal Contacting and said hi to Yesenia and Maria. I did some quick filing for them. I continued a mailer list and later I finished and mailed them out. Sylvia ask me to help her put some stuff in her car, she asked me if I checked out Dartmouth College and I told her not yet. She told me that Frank talked to me about South Central Scholars because he sees good things in me. Sylvia told me that a lot of people have good minds, but don't take their feet to the right path. Later that day, Gary gave me a list and told me to search the prices on those items. Later, Amanda gave me some papers to bind.
  After lunch, I continued doing the list, I checked out Dartmouth College and saw some great things. I went to go ask Amanda for my blog topic and she told me that I could choose my topic today.. I started doing my blog, I got pretty far. I went to go ask Amanda about my topic she told me to do another topic and to do a comparison of colleges that I want to go to. She told me to write about GM Cares Week. I continued doing the list that Gary gave me. It's pretty difficult, you have to search the part on various websites. I got pretty far on the list. My day was great.

  How was GM care week for me? I thought that this was a great idea, Junction Street is a very busy street, but you don't see people walking on Junction Street. So GM Cares Week cleaned Junction Street. I helped on Tuesday and some Cristo Rey Students came too. We started by cleaning the streets, next we cleaned the sidewalk, we had to remove some of the grass on the sidewalk. The afternoon was harder, the day was sunnier and we cleaned the streets and sidewalks, we move the trash on the street so the bulldozer can pick it up. We got some thank you's and beeps from people. It made me feel good because were making Junction Street cleaner and it'll help people use the street.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog