Christopher Lara 9-25-14

Christopher Lara 9-25-14
Today at Ideal, I realized an important part of being proficient in this company. Prior to my past beliefs, I thought that having a great degree and attending school for many years decided your ability to complete tasks at Ideal, but what really helps is your experience.                

Having many years of experience, and a college degree, is what helps you get through the day at Ideal. An example would be comparing my first day here to my fourth day here. The first day, I was organizing hard dollar folders by number throughout six cabinets. Getting through a stack of about 20 folders would take me around 15-20 minutes. Now, comparing that to today, I only took about 2-4 minutes! A simple routine like this was tremendously shortened by several times of practice. What does this have to do with working at Ideal? Picture the same idea, getting through a task with experience, but with an array of companies to work with. Memorizing and learning what companies buy, sell, provide, and service helps me know where and how to file their paperwork, work with their representatives, and get an overall understanding of how to do business with them.


I’ve learned that experience and memorization will be key to becoming a proficient intern for the Contracting Department. Hopefully, I'm able to practice many more tasks resembling the ones provided today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog