Chris Lara 9-4-14

Chris Lara 9-4-14
My first day began with meeting the members that make up the construction part of Ideal. I met people that worked on other job sites like Barton Mallow and the Warren Tech Center, people in accounting, and other employees that kept the Contracting cycle in motion. I enjoyed meeting the people I was going to work with.

After, I went back to my original desk. The rest of my day was filled with detailed paperwork that kept my mind searching for inconsistencies. Chelsea had some filing to complete which had to be done in alphabetical order. When I was done with this, Maria had me work on my first auditing job. I compared invoices against waivers. This was done by making sure all the paperwork had the same company name or amounts. Doing these auditing tasks made sure everything was consistent, so the correct checks were cut and sent to their corresponding vendors. It has a big affect on many companies because they had to get the exact amount of money they were being paid/charged for.


I really enjoyed this new experience for my first day, and I expect to have many more learning opportunities like today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog