11/11/14 by Richard Zarate

  Today when I got here, I went to Osmara's desk and checked my email. I started my day by putting some scans into the network and then into sugar. After I finished, I updated the mailer list. Alex left me some postcards to mail out. Amanda congratulated me on making it into the 2nd honors. I started by putting the labels on the postcards and then I mailed them out. Later, I continued to do the mailer list from last week.
  After lunch, I went into Frank's office to clean his tank, I scrubbed of some of the algae that was on the glass and then I fed them. I went back to my desk and continued to do the mailer list. During the afternoon, I went upstairs to Ideal Contracting and helped them. I helped them by filing a stack of papers. I went downstairs later and worked on the mailer list and then wrote my blog. My day was pretty great.

  What did I think about the SHPE Career Fair? I thought It was pretty great. There were many companies such as, EA Sports, Target, Nissan, Microsoft, GM, Consumer Energy, Barclays, and many more. The FBI, CIA, U.S Army, Navy, and even the Marines were there, also many colleges. I went to the Michigan Tech booth and talked to a staff member. He talked about Michigan Tech and that they had a 2 week program for students to see the college. I talked to many people about the companies. SHPE Career Fair is a good place to look for a job, especially in engineering. I got to get many souvenirs. I had a great time.
   How was it getting into the 2nd honors? It felt great getting into the second honors. I had all A's in every class except in World History, I had an 86%. If I would have gotten a 87%, I would have been in the 1st honors. I'm glad at least I did better then last year. I'm going to try harder next time and make it into 1st honors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog