2/8/16 by Richard Zarate


Lately I've been trying to avoid what I eat and drink, so I didn't make myself a coffee today. I started my day by going to Ideal Surplus. I sat down at my desk and started working on the Ebay task. Since we've been given a deadline for the task, I've been trying my best to do the most I can per day. I worked on the list for the whole morning. I was able to get about 3 pages down before I had to go to lunch. Osmara and I went home for lunch. When I got back to Surplus, Gary handed me another task.

Gary wanted me to go through our website inventory and remove some items that we had sold. I was given list of items that needed their quantity changed. This was simple but time consuming task. I was able to finish the list in less than an hour. I continued to work on the Ebay listing until 3. I checked how many more pages we needed to finish and we need about 30 more. Christopher and I will have only 7 more workdays combined to finish the task, if we do about 5 each day, we’ll finish. Starting today, Ideal interns will have to read about 2-3 pages of a financial literacy book from Bank of America. We’ll have to read and put any comments and edits each week.

            After reading 2 pages of the financial literacy book, it made me realize more about money. It talks about how money is an emotional subject.  It talks about your “needs” and “wants” in life. Saving money isn’t the same for everyone; it’s like eating healthy or dieting. We need to find methods that’ll help us and satisfy our lifestyle. I learned more about money management and how it is the process of knowing where your money is going now, and having a plan in place for where you want it to go in the future. I also read some facts on where you’ll want to keep your money, a bank and credit union. So far I read some interesting topics about money and I look forward into reading about it more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog