6~12~13 : Ending the Year

Internship
My day at Ideal was great. I knew that today was going to be full of unforgettable experiences.
            When I walked into The Ideal Group today I saw Amanda at her desk. I sat down at my desk and started to log into my computer. Once I did that, I checked my email. My inbox was full of messages but very little were important to me. Most of the mail I received was from other co-workers and they described sales and stats of the company. Then I saw an email from Sylvia telling me that I will be working on the potato project this afternoon. I went to work on some small tasks such as watering Frank’s plants and unloading the dishwasher until Sylvia came to the office. When Sylvia came in, I asked her about her recent activities and she explained to me what I was going to be doing today. She said I was going to be going with her to lunch. This lunch was the Jewish Vocational Services (JVS) and Strictly Business showing how they have impacted other people’s lives. Also, Frank was receiving an award so I was courteously invited. We left in the morning and were expected to come back in the afternoon so with all the information I was given, I prepared myself.
            When we arrived at our destination we were given name tags. I was given a name tag and a seat far away from Sylvia. I told her that I would prefer to sit in a new environment away from her so I can meet new people. I sat with two others named Herbert and Andrea. They were both very friendly and inspired about the story I told them about my experiences with The Ideal Group. I was glad to see their reactions because it gave me a sense of hope that I am going in the right direction. When the meeting started guests were talking about JVS and how this service has impacted their life for the better. I was happy to hear all these success stories. Then Frank was announced for his award and he gave a small speech. He told some stories of how he came to be what he is now and what he thought of things. I was glad to hear his stories and advise. After him, some people came to speak and talk about some things that they are proud of and about JVS. At the end of the meeting I went back to the office.
            I came back to the office to help out some people in Accounting and in Administration. I finished my day with some of the best memories I’ve ever had and a smile on my face. I had an awesome day at Ideal and can’t wait to come back.

Yearly Progression
            This year has been an exciting year at Ideal. This was my first year at Ideal as an intern. I thought that I was going to have a massive struggle but I only encountered a few problems here and there. When I started I already knew Amanda Schmidke, Sylvia Gucken, Frank Venegas, and Jesse Venegas. They were my starting team. It turns out that I didn’t even know anyone from any other departments and that I had much to learn. I was timid in the office at first but once I started to get to know my co-workers better I was more open-minded. Towards the end of the year I was able to meet new people and attend meetings that changed my life. I plan on working at Ideal in the summer and hope to build my life plan with Ideal. A day at Ideal is the best day of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog