6~5~13 : Just An Average Day

Today was a great day! My morning started off in a happy direction because I knew I was going to work at The Ideal Group. As always I started my day with a smile and a positive attitude. I walked into the doors of Ideal and started my day.
When I walked into the ADMIN office I didn’t see anyone in there. Maybe it was too early but I continued to the conference room to use the computer there. I logged on and checked my mail to see what was going to be today’s plan. Sylvia had sent me a whole list to get started on so with that email I got started. Some of the tasks she sent me were to be discussed with her but other things such as addressing some envelopes were jobs I could do immediately. I also had to research some information on plants that are going to be in the garden, Cadillac Urban Gardens. I did these tasks while Sylvia and Amanda came into the office. When Sylvia came into the office she called me to talk to her. We discussed the goals for today and some other things including the business relationship between Ideal and myself.
With my tasks set I started to complete them one by one. Some if the tasks I had to do were email some networking partners and make phone calls for upcoming events. I was not as nervous doing the phone calls as I was when I first did them but I still had my troubles at times. When I was done with this I started to complete my research on the plants. My key points in the research were to make it simple but informative. These two things never matched up for me but I did my best and got the job done.
After, I started to make a list of things that were to be completed at the garden on Saturday.  The list wasn’t very long because I didn’t know the amount of people that were going to attend so I just made the tasks brief and ‘to the point’. When this list was done I went onto my next tasks which were to create my vision statement. Sylvia said that she wanted to see the three points that relate most to my life right now and in the future. Sylvia chose the topics: my summer with The Ideal Group, my plans after Detroit Cristo Rey, and my plans about the health issue I have. I think she chose these topics to show me what I’m supposed to be focusing on in my life. I completely agreed with her and went onto writing my vision.
When I was done I had to meet Sarah at the garden to talk about the system of watering that she has going on there.  When I arrived, Sarah and I talked about what had to be done and what was finished. She told me ‘step by step’ instructions on what to do when watering. I wrote all this information down and went back to The Ideal Group.
I finished my day with my tasks complete and a smile on my face. I appreciate Ideal and its workers and am happy for how it has impacted my life.
               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog