Christopher Lara, December 18, 2015

Since I'm going to begin another year full of success and learning, I wrote a personal statement that I can reference throughout the new 2016 year to make sure that I stay on track.
 
“Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them” -Albert Einstein

As a youth leader in my school, community, and workplace, I feel that I express traits that manifest the idea of learning my own limitations and passing them to better myself, just as Einstein once said. Throughout my high school career, I listened to and observed my mentors to learn from their successful traits in projects like working with groups for overall understanding, focusing for completion by deadlines, and using those experiences to teach others the importance of the task at hand.

One of the most difficult limits I had as a student was knowing how certain tasks were implemented in the real world, or wondering how each subject helped me in the future. After taking the initiative to ask my mentors and teachers the reasons they do what they do, I began to understand that people's different interests and hobbies are what make society better and help communities to improve. One of my favorite role models is my own father, who had an interest in carpentry as a child. He knew he had financial limits, but later learned about financial budgeting which allowed him to save money; that money was used to build tables and furniture for low income families that he used to live with.

          Like my father, I have acquired an interest I want to expand on- medicine. I want to help people with juvenile diabetes, obesity, and all problems related to metabolism, which is Endocrinology. Now that I have passed my limitation of understanding how a certain job is incorporated into the world, I want to use my interest to get a degree in medicine from U of M or State to better the lives of youth with problems in the enocrine system in the Detroit area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog