Chris Lara 1-21-14

Chris Lara 1-21-14
I began the day with come quick tasks created by Sylvia. I first revised the jobs by priority, then time cost. I noticed that there were some tasks that were ‘Thank You’ letters that had to be created for the meeting last week. That’s when my memory sprang into action by having to recall last Tuesday.

            Last week, I had the opportunity to join the Supplier Partnership Meeting at GM. I went mainly to present Cadillac Urban Gardens and its sustainability practices. But that wasn’t the only thing I was interested in. Although my part was important to me, I liked hearing the ways people are integrating sustainability in their lives and work place. I personally think that all companies should host a meeting like this one.

            I had to write a ‘Thank You’ letter to the people who invited me like John Bradburn, Steve Hellem, and Jeff Bobeck. I made the letters personal so they can understand my appreciation. When I gave them to Amanda and Sylvia for review, they told me I should brand Cadillac Urban Gardens and write as if I was talking to them; instead of writing so “uppity”, as Sylvia describes.

            I also went to a lunch meeting with Tony Santori and my peers to get some information on college preparation and portfolio recommendations. Tony went through many slides that had useful information about resumes, vision statements, goals and achievements, etc. I really liked the presentation because he reviewed all the information that a college applicant should know, and since he is a college student, ‘he knows the ropes’.


            I bound many presentations for Amanda and Sylvia that have information about the gardens. It took some time, but I managed to finish it. The main problem with this task is that I did not set tabs for the end of a document and the beginning of the next, since there were multiple papers in a document without any dividers; it was hectic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog