GM Cares Week! by Richard Zarate

  Today I had a good day, I volunteered at GM Cares Week. When I got here, I changed clothes and went to Scarcyny Park. I introduced myself to some people. Sarah talked about the tasks we had and safety precautions. We were split into groups and I was leading a group with Dawn. We went to Detroit Cristo Rey to paint a hallway. I painted a wall with a friend, after we painted the wall, we repainted other walls because there were some spots of the old color. After we painted some of the hallway, we went back to Scarcyny Park for lunch.
  After lunch, I was told to give a speech about what I think GM Cares Week is about.I said that GM Cares Week at Junction is mostly about safety. We help clean a major street that so many schools are around. Kids can finally walk on the sidewalk and not on the streets when they go under the viaducts. After my speech, we heard other peoples' opinion about GM Cares Week. We went back to Cristo Rey to paint some more. We painted mostly the hallway to the gym and some of the doors. Today was a fantastic experience and I look forward for next years GM Cares Week.
  If I could go anywhere to help a community, where would I go? I would probably help Hope For Paws. They rescue stray dogs and get them adopted. I have a love for dogs, if I see one suffer, I suffer as well. I love dogs with a passion. I also try to help stray dogs, if I see a stray dog outside my house, I usually give it some food. A lot of my dogs have been strays. I've seen some of the Hope For Paws' videos and I would like to be a part of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog