What Do I Like Most About Detroit Cristo Rey High School

Enrique Cordero 09-24-2015


     
           Detroit Cristo Rey High School has been a really great place that I won't forget through out my life. The School has been a great place to learn about the work environment, both outside and inside work. It has helped me find paid internships where I could have experiences I never thought I would have until I was in my 20's. Because of the school I have found amazing work partners and I have even spoken with a successful entrepreneur who has given me priceless life advise. The school has opened my eyes to what I want to become and has further developed my understanding of my own future.
           My understanding has developed for work and also further with school. The college readiness course, having only gone to it for a couple of weeks, has made me realize that I really need to study for the ACT's and SAT's. It has also given me the task of colleges I would love to go to, otherwise I wouldn't have looked at all.  Also the clubs and classes at the school, like the robotics team I am hoping to join this year, have helped me know better what specific subject I would like to major and minor in. Along with the college readiness class there has been this teacher that has really stuck out to me.
           The size of the school has made me closer to the teacher than any other school I have been to before. The teacher in college readiness that really stuck out to me, Mr. Simmer, really inspired me to go above the average. If I had never talked to him about my predetermined scores on the ACT- It was 20-23- I probably would be wanting to go to an average school. He made me understand my true potential and I am now wanting to go to one of the best technology schools in the country. The size has impacted my future and I couldn't be more grateful for the moment I walked through those doors. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog