GM Cares Week - Jacqueline Perez

Jacqueline Perez
September 18, 2015
GM Cares Week Friday
The improvement in the Southwest Detroit community has improved significantly by the works of GM. They have been painting schools, cleaning the streets, painting out graffiti and overall helping the community. They have set an example for neighbors on keeping the community looking nice. I was able to take part in this event on Friday, my work day. I was a garden leader at Cadillac Urban Gardens.
I was able to lead a group of over twenty GM employees. I didn’t know I was going to be alone in the garden leading the whole group, so I was a bit nervous. I lead the group  and accomplished lots of things successfully. I spoke to the volunteers during lunch and after lunch many of them complimented me on my small speech and my leadership in the garden.

I’m glad I was trusted with the responsibility of keeping them busy and working with people much older than I. I learned about the employee’s professions, so I could learn more about different careers. I’m glad I worked with them because my the end of the day I made a new mentor. I will continuously update him on my school progress and get some pointers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog