Christopher Lara January 8, 2016


Working with Setech during Christmas Break

                During the last two weeks, I was working with Setech to help advance the progress in moving into the far side of Building B. I worked with Enrique, Richard, and Christian. Looking over this group of different personalities was interesting because the motives for each person to work during break were different, so keeping them all energies to work was a challenge. I had fun throughout the whole process, even if I spent most of the time doing a tedious, yet important, job with my friends.

                Throughout the first week, I paired up with Christian, and Enrique went with Richard. We were working in the same area, but we had different tables to do our task. Our job was to fold the unfolded boxes into a certain shape that could hold the parts from Surplus. We had about six pallets worth of cardboard stacked to about my chest’s height. Every day had its challenges, like working faster than Phil could find larger containers to put our product in. We also had to stack them in a certain order that would lose as little surface area as possible when packaged. Most of the boxes were different, so someone would have to figure out the problem of space conservation. It was a meticulous job to keep all of them in order, since they were labeled, but my guys had the brainpower to do this for every box.

                We all tried to keep ourselves entertained without losing productivity, so I brought in a speaker to play music. We cycled through everyone’s music throughout the day so everyone would be satisfied. This also told me what kind of music everyone listened to, which corresponded to their personality. I worked with every person to make sure they were comfortable in Ideal and in school. It was a great way to bond with Christian, Richard, and Enrique, and I’m much closer to them than I was before. Working over the break was extremely useful in making a little bit of money and getting to know other Ideal Interns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog