Driven by Richard Zarate

   Today was an average, just like any other work day. When I got off the bus, I went to the main building, made myself a coffee, and said hi to Pat and Osmara. I walked to Surplus and said hi to Gary and Steve. I started working on the Ebay listing project. Me and Christopher Lara have gotten through a good amount, but every day, new parts are either added or sold, which makes this project more trickier to do. I continued to work on the lists of items, I only ran into one issue when the Ebay page froze, but everything went smoothly. I was able to get 2 pages down of items before lunch.
   I went back to the main building for lunch and greeted Sylvia and Sarah Clark. While I waited for Osmara, Sylvia told me my blog topic. She wanted me to talk about the Driven Award Ceremony that I attended yesterday. Me and Osmara went home for lunch. After lunch, I continued to work on the Ebay listings. I was able to get another 2 pages down before I wrote my blog. My day was pretty great, went by normal.
   Yesterday, Osmara took me and Christopher to the Garden Theater in Midtown, Detroit. The event that was being held in the Garden Theater was the Driven Award Ceremony, the reason of our visit was to see Frank receive an award. The location was beautiful and fantastic, it was a remodeled theater that was once abandoned. Frank introduced us to the President of LEAR Corporation,
Matthew J. Simoncini, who is in charge of a company that is ranked #174 on the Fortune 500. The event was great, Frank received the Community Impact Award and Lear received the Company of the Year award. I had a great time yesterday, I was able to meet some fantastic people and was told about a scholarship call the Buick Achievers Scholarship. Overall, it was a great night and I was glad I was able to attend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog