Christopher Lara, January 11, 2016


Revising Ideal’s eBay Listings, Letters of Recommendation, and a 2016 Calendar

Today’s tasks compromised of a main job which was to revise Ideal’s eBay listings. I was also able to work on the 2016 calendar for Cadillac Urban Gardens and some scholarships. On eBay, I basically went through as many items I could get to and revise their custom ID’s that people search for. Previously, they were put in as a number that could be found in the title of the item, but to keep consistency and allow easy finding techniques, we rename the ID to a specific set of numbers in the item’s description. I can see why Ideal does this because it’s extremely time sensitive to keep things in order for workers to locate the tool properly. I got through a couple hundred listings before I was able to go down to Sylvia’s office for a signature.

I was going to ask Sylvia for her signature on a recommendation letter. I was going to upload the letter to a variety of scholarship applications I’ve complete so I would have a distinct advantage from an employer based review. I’ve also been able to save this letter and store it in my drive and portfolio for future reference. She helped me tremendously because was able to submit the application sooner than later which helps because of my forgetful memory.

The calendar was another tricky task because I kept getting updates every time I printed a copy out. I didn’t mind though because it meant that it was getting more and more refined to reach a final draft. When I look back at the first draft and the most recent draft, I can clearly see why Sylvia, Pat, Sarah, or Osmara suggested the things they did. I think it looks great, but there still a few more things to sort out, like logos associated with CUGM and the impacts it had last year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog