2~27~13 : Today I Walk

As I walked into Ideal I thought of what I was going to do. My tasks are always different so my thoughts were very general. Maybe I was going to create a spreadsheet on Microsoft Excel or maybe I was going to help Sylvia with some physical work. There are many tasks that I could accomplish so my mind was very excited. I walked into the front doors and started my day.
                When I went inside the company I saw Amanda at her desk but not Sylvia. I knew Sylvia was going to come in but I didn’t know when. So with that question in my head I logged onto my computer. I asked Amanda, “How are you?” with a smile on my face. She responds very happily and we start a conversation. I checked my e-mail afterwards and was surprised in the low amount of messages I had received. I had none from Sylvia so I was beginning to wonder. Then I saw the weekly “Group Scoop” and was joyful to see it was about Frank Venegas. This article talks about how Frank was presented an award from the Consul of Mexico called the Ohtli Award. It is given to a very special person and for it to be given to someone I know made me smile. Just as I was reading this article Sylvia walked in. She sat down and gave me a list of tasks. They were required to move around a lot so I loved this list. I was going to package some stuff, reorganize, move around the office, and many more tasks that I thought were fun. With this list I started my day.
                Just after I received my list, Sylvia went on a conference call. I started by resending some letters and reorganizing some table cloths. The table cloths were twice my size so it was hard to get them all packed up nice and neat. Then I delivered some boxes and a magazine to their owners. I then went to reorganize the files in Frank’s cabinet. It was a mess so I cleaned up a little bit in there. While I was in there I watered Frank’s plants because I knew they were dehydrated. I then went to print out some items and send some e-mails. I was almost complete with my list and it has only been thirty minutes. I loved to do these tasks because it gave me a chance to get off of my chair and got my blood flowing. I did many of these tasks until it was time for lunch.
                While I was getting ready for lunch I went to see Frank. Sylvia, Frank, and I were conversing when a reporter came in and asked Frank a lot of questions. The reporter was already expected so Frank had many good answers ready. The reporter asked many questions on how it feels to win this award and what it’s like to own a company while being Mexican-American. Linzie, Amanda, Sylvia, Frank, Sean, and I were all in Frank’s office. Amanda and I stayed until the interview was over and I think we both learned something about Frank. I learned that even though he may have been teased at first, he got up and worked really hard to prove a point to himself and other Mexican-Americans.
                After all this I had some lunch. I was starving when I walked into the conference room. I had a sandwich, spicy chips, cold water, and string cheese. I enjoyed it all and was grateful for eating so much. I was very full afterwards but before I left Sylvia told me to have a seat next to her. We talked about what I was completed with and what tasks I was still working on. I finished all my tasks except for four of them. I learned what I had to prioritize and get done so I can leave clean today. I went to my desk and finished up.
                At the end of the day I was set clean because I finished all my tasks and I felt great about myself. I am also happy because I have my Easter break next week. I learned a lot today and I will keep it all in my memory for my future skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog