3~20~13 : Unexpected at the Door


I walked into Ideal with a smile in my face and joy in my heart. I did not know what I was going to do but I was sure it was enough for an intern. I opened the doors to Ideal and my future was set.
                When I ran into Ideal I was full of energy. I saw Amanda and Sylvia! I was very glad to see Sylvia in the office. She was recovering like a real champ from her accident. She was typing away at her keyboard showing everyone in the office not to slack off because she had a cast on and was working with ease. I mentally laughed at my thoughts and went to get ready. I hung my jacket and logged onto my account while checking my piles of e-mail. I had received many messages so I knew today was going to get busy.
                When I checked my e-mail Sylvia talked to me about some of my tasks and I wrote them down in case I was going to forget. I was to complete some presentation plans and get ready for the Ohtli Award presentation. Later I was going to go with Sylvia to Costco to pick up some necessary items for the guests. Then I was going to help Amanda with a certain project I was going to complete. With my list of things to accomplish I got started. I thought this was going to be a day I would finish all my tasks but I did not know what the future brought.
                I had to make a folder for what was going to happen at the award ceremony that the host can follow. Sylvia was giving me instructions on what to put in it when Linzie came into the office wanting a copy of what I was doing. She was going to make a short speech so she wanted some information. I now went to make the folders and I included some writing space for Linzie. Then I was getting ready for Sylvia and I’s trip to Costco. I have never been to Costco but I heard many stories about it. Then when Sylvia was ready we were off.
                When we were on the road Sylvia said she was going to get me lunch. We went to CafĂ© Con Leche for a sandwich and coffee. The sandwiches were very good because I’ve never had anything like it. After our meal we went to Costco. When we got there I noticed it’s exactly like Sam’s Club. We picked up some paper ware and utensils for the presentation.  
                After that Sylvia dropped me off at Ideal and she went to Detroit Cristo Rey High School so she can deliver some items. She left me at the gates so I swiped my card and went back to my desk. I finished up the folders and some other tasks when I noticed the time. I thought I was going to leave in about twenty minutes so I started my work. Just about five minutes later I was called to get ready because my van was going to come for me. I was in shock because I didn’t finish my blog or help Amanda. I felt evil leaving them in the dust but I had no choice. I left my computer and Ideal.
                This was a very bust day but it taught me to keep time for everything and to make sure I was planning my day right. Valuable lessons can be learned very unexpectedly. Keep that in mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog