11/19/2015 Enrique Cordero



             My responsibilities are to make sure that I can be as useful as possible. In the morning there are usually enough scans to last me until lunch and after, I usually do other projects that Alex has sent me through an email or go to accounting to help file. In my last hour of my work day I always go to Sylvia to get my blog topic of the day and write my blog. My experience at this company thus far has been really amazing. I have gotten really fond of people and I feel more responsible than in past jobs I have been in. The people here are very nice and I can be professional yet frivolous at the same time. What I would like to work more on would be to learn how to use AutoCAD and Photoshop more effectively. I really like those and I would like to use them later on. Something that I could probably fix with Ideal would be that fact that many kids are dropping out of school in Detroit. We could have fair or people from schools to talk to kids about what they can do. I have had friends and family who thought nothing of themselves and disliked school and honestly people who drop out have great potential but they just don’t like going to school. The parts I like most about working for Ideal are that the people are really amazing and that Ideal is working hard to get us into college. The only thing I don’t about working for Ideal is that we are not able to walk back to school. It is very close and the bus picks us up last, which kind of bugs. I understand it is a regulation and also that it most likely won’t change but I am okay with it because it is just a little pebble that I have to deal with.

            Today I changed offices for a whole day for the first time. The first thing I had to do was to go to a different office and log in to my account there.  In the morning mostly did scans and changed the dish washer load. During lunch I ate, talked with Richard, and read a bit. After lunch all I worked on was an excel sheet for Alex. When three o’clock came around I went to Sylvia and received my blog topic for the day. When I finished it and posted it to the blog spot, ending my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog