Christopher Lara, November 13, 2015


Favorite Place: Greektown, Detroit

                If you’re looking for a cinematic theme with colorful lights, attractions, and places to explore, Greektown is your place. With this hot spot being only 15 minutes away, it’s hard not to go there throughout the year.

                I go for the pleasurable walking experience. When I used to go with a friend, we would pass by Cold Stone Creamery and walk down Monroe Street. On this street, small decorative lights would hang across the street from building to building, illuminating the street dimly enough for you to be able to see, but also able to add color to the area. It doesn’t get very crowded either, and the sidewalks are in good shape. It’s my equivalent of going on walks on the beach, as other people enjoy.

                Although this place is marvelous in its overview, it lacks security at times. People are constantly watched over in secrecy by thieves and you can be a victim of pickpocketing at night. I hear many reports of people getting items stolen downtown, but I haven’t fallen victim to those crimes, which keeps my spirit enlightened for Greektown. In the recent years, police officers are starting to watch over that area, and sometimes they park in front of certain buildings and watch over the crowd, which makes me feel much safer. Their groups are the one I’d join if I felt that the people needed more security.

                I convince my friends to visit Cold Stone or Five Guys in Greektown all the time because I tell them about the awesome features. Many times, my friends are timid about visiting downtown, but I show them that Greektown is the beginning step to exploring Detroit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog