Jacqueline Perez - 11/6/2015

Jacqueline Perez
November 6, 2015
Animal Cruelty
In the last couple of years I have seen lots of documentaries, articles and animal protection agencies that help stop animal cruelty. My aunt was the first to introduce me to the topic and ever since I’ve been interested in it. I know that if I could change something in the world, it would be the way humans treat animals.
Animal cruelty is in different parts of our economic industry, especially here in America. In places like Europe or Australia animal cruelty laws have more restrictions than in the US. Here in the US, Cosmetic companies use animals to test their products, but over the years there has been new technology than can be used instead of animals. Most meats that are in our local groceries come from animals that were once part of a company that has animal cruelty. In these places the animals are kept in small, dirty confined spaces for all of their lives and sometimes abused. My family is from a small town in Mexico and they raise animals with decency and respect. The animals are eventually used for food but they don’t suffer for long during their death. I know that if laws in this country were changed it could also affect the quality of the food we consume.
In order to fix this problem I would recrute my aunt because I know she is very passionate about helping animals. Not only would she be a good resource but also be an activist in changing the laws.

Animal cruelty needs more regulations in America because they matter too. What we do to them is morally wrong. The living conditions for the animals that go to our groceries could impact our health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog