Christopher Lara, November 2, 2015


What will college do for me?

                Upon entering college, I plan to succeed in the pre-medical curriculum because of my interests in anatomy and biology. More specifically, I plan on specializing in Endocrinology, which is the study of the glands, metabolism, diabetes, and obesity. My interest in Endocrinology began when I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes four years ago. I want to help other youth that have juvenile diabetes because I know the struggles of being young and having strict diets and heath conditions. I have the experience of knowing the problems of juvenile diabetes, and how to overcome them. Now I just have to get the proper education to help others accurately.

                At my future college, I would be able to follow a pre-medical curriculum and have the credits to be able to go to medical school afterwards. I also found out that there are many clubs and activities that group people with similar interests together to succeed in class. The beneficial aspect college offers in these activities would lead me to be a future leader in Endocrinology, all while representing the school and the student body. Eventually, I plan on graduating medical school with a degree specialized in Endocrinology to open a clinic in Detroit that is affordable to those in low income homes.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog