Chris Lara 5-6-14

Chris Lara 5-6-14
                Today, I was able to go with Amanda, Osmara, and Alex to Cobo Hall to set up for the MMSDC trade show on Thursday. I had a fun time setting up and learned what The Ideal Group’s reasoning for attending this huge networking attraction.

                When we arrived, Alex and I were instructed by Amanda on what to take out of our container and where to set up the products. There were many items such as bollard covers, steel handrails, clearance bars, sign holders, and many other accessories including some literature describing our products. We set up our samples and went on to laying out the literature. We used easels for our posters, and there were signs set up on frames. When we were finished, Amanda took us to lunch.

                After lunch, I was able to find out why The Ideal Group and MMSDC participate in this trade show. Amanda’s three main reasons were: networking, business opportunities, and to show our support for MBE companies. I thought that these were fantastic reasons that usually go underappreciated. I know networking is a huge part of growing a strong circle of contacts, which is useful in all types of ways. Also, business opportunities can be hidden anywhere, so showing off what you have to offer to people interested could lead to a sale.


                Overall, I acknowledge the reasons behind The Ideal Group’s participation to be wise, and I wish luck to our representatives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog