Chris Lara 11/12/13

Chris Lara 11/12/13
I worked on my consistency skills today.
            I began the day’s tasks with my email. I checked my recent messages and moved onto the real deal. When Sylvia came in, I listened to her speak. She told me my daily tasks as I wrote them down. I was going to work on a future garden event, create a flyer, and work with my networking skills. I began as soon as we concluded the talk.

            I began on the event for Cadillac Urban Gardens. There was going to be a clean-up of the vegetables in the bins, and I had to make an event for the calendar. I sent this event to many of the people who are associated with the garden such as local residents and helpful community organizations. I was glad to work out the logistics of this event and continued on the other tasks.

            Then, I worked on my networking skills. Sylvia wanted me to pick three major mentors outside of The Ideal Group. Once I picked them, I was going to send them a reminder of my presence. I thought of the possible ways I could communicate with them like: sending them a personal letter of current events, emailing them a list of future events, or asking them about their profession. I chose to send them an email of the coming event in Cadillac Urban Gardens. Now I wait for a response…

            Finally, I began work on the flyer for the upcoming event in the garden. For the clean-up, I had to specify the time, location, and any side notes on the flyer.  I had all the information, but the hard part was staying consistent. I worked on the font and size of the text. Then, I worked on the text itself. I asked for help from Amanda and Sylvia to revise and give suggestions on the words I chose. I had to revise the flyer about six times and redo most of the text. I learned that I should get the message out but with the least amount of word used possible. Concise and Consistent, as I now say.


            I worked on small tasks for the rest of the day and finished the day with many tips on how to be consistent. I really appreciated the help from Sylvia and Amanda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog