Chris Lara 2-10-14



Chris Lara 2-10-14
One of the many strategies that The Ideal Group has taught me is to grow from my weaknesses. 

                I began my day with my tasks that Sylvia gave me. Once I checked my emails, made phone calls, and created packages with flyers, I talked to Sylvia about my grades. I finished the first semester with a grade point average of 3.7 with A’s and B’s in all of my classes. I showed it to Sylvia and she began to scrutinize my report. She noticed something I did not; the grade between the two quarters was decreasing. This indicated a problem that was going to grow if I continued to work normally. 

                She also noticed that I was doing worse on my finals than my quarter grades. She discussed with Amanda and I about what was going wrong when I took a test.  One of the main problems I came to was that I don’t study enough. I don’t study enough because I learn the material and think I’m going to remember it all. Sadly, this is a completely false thought. Sure, I can remember the material for a few days, but if I become intimidated while taking the test, I will forget it all. This is something that I have to work on if I want to continue having good grades.

                I wanted to know how people study, so I asked around the office for habits that other people use. I asked Dennis and he said he puts the material into a song or poem with a rhythm. I was shocked because I had never thought of this. It’s completely different from anything I’ve heard and I was willing to give it a try.

                I also asked Linzie for her study habits. She told me that she used flash cards for important study material. She also said that she organizes and prioritizes her thoughts and main ideas because it helps with things that are and aren’t so important. I saw that these are pretty logistical habits so I kept them in mind.

                Studying is something that I’ve never really had to do, but I realize now that if I don’t learn, it will make studying in college more difficult.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog