10/08/15 Enrique

          How am I preparing for the SAT's/ACT's ?
          I have actually been preparing for the ACT and SAT more than I have planned! I have actually been reading a lot more and I have been getting book recommendations from friends. The Collage Readiness course has introduced me to Khan Academy, an online website full of academic courses, and I am trying to learn a bit of new things and refresh my memory on some of the old. The course has also given me practice selections from the standardized tests. Detroit Cristo Rey is also making us take the PSAT next week, which is not a mandatory exam, although it will help us with taking future standardized tests and enroll us in a chance to get the scholarship that the PSAT offers.
Intern Ideal Blog for 10/08/15
          My day has been a really fantastic day. In the morning Richard and I were dropped off and we made our merry way inside. I saw only Steve inside but I knew that they had assigned work for me. As I walked in Steve greeted me and he said that Alexandra would like my assistance in doing an excel sheet while she was not here, so I happily took on the task. That task alone took me up until about ten till eleven. After that I helped Tony with printing out and rolling up some drawings that he needed. Since lunch was in a couple minutes I was getting ready for it, but to my surprise they the company was buying lunch for all! I followed Jennifer so that I may help with setting up for lunch. After we set up lunch I happily agreed to get a shawarma and I ate with everyone in the room across from my work room. After lunch was over I cleaned my work space and asked if there was anything I could help with and they told me to write my topic before the end of the day but I waited until the end of the day to write how my day went.
            At the end of my day I finished the topic and had helped a little bit more. I said good goodbye to Tony because it was his last day tomorrow and I wouldn’t be able to say an appropriate goodbye. I wished him a good luck and I really do hope that he finds an amazing job. He was a very nice and caring man. He was a good role model and I started to consider him a friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog