Jacqueline Perez - 10/23/2015

Jacqueline Perez
October 23, 2015


Impact with 1,000 dollars
If I was given the opportunity to provide someone with $1,000 dollars and be able to make an impact in the world or community it would be Linda Rhodes Sylvia Gucken or my mother. All three women have impacted the Southwest Detroit area one way or another. I feel like they would all do different things with the money but it all goes back to the community or the world.
Linda Rhodes, is a woman who loves kids and does amazing events hosted for children. I see that if she was to receive the $1,000 she would give back to the community by making a center for kids. Linda might also start investing projects that would help other communities do the same thing she’s doing here in Southwest Detroit.
Sylvia Gucken has invested a lot of time, effort, and dedication in bringing back the pride of Southwest Detroit. She has given the guidance to organizations, schools and companies help the community. I know that if she was given the money she would put it into the gardens (CUGM or Scarcyny)  so that they can give back food to the community. Sylvia might also make a community market here in Southwest that can help local residents buy local food. This can be an example to other communities around the world and show the importance of urban gardening.

My mom is a very special person in my life. I know that if she was given the money to change the community she would use it to start up a soup kitchen or somehow give back to families in need. My mom loves to cook and especially cook for others. She once mentioned to me that if she could she would have her own restaurant, but part of the profit she would get would go to feeding the less fortunate. I’m not sure if she would create a small place to meet with them or deliver to homes, but I know she would help others in need and that’s the important part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog