Christian Perales
October 6, 2015
How is Soccer Impacting Your Academic Life?

Soccer is impacting my academic life in a positive way. The reason for that is because I have been in sports since I was little and have been able to manage both my academic life and athletic life. Being a student athlete, the student part comes first, though many others see it the other way around. Being a Detroit Cristo Rey student athlete is an even bigger challenge because I am stuck with minimal time to do homework and do my sport.
I am also pressured to keep my grades up because of high expectations and the potential I have. Freshman year, my overall GPA was 3.95, and I played four sports which were Basketball, Soccer, Baseball and Track. Without sports, I wouldn't know what to do with my time. I'd probably procrastinate more.
Sports help me stay active, stay studying so I remain eligible, stay sharp, and helps me build better problem solving and performance skills that I can apply in situations off the field. I am currently in my Sophomore year and my GPA is a 3.96. I am planning on playing four sports again and staying on top of my work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog