Christopher Lara, October 16, 2015


College Readiness

                I worked in Setech today, and I had to finish up some data entry sheets that I occasionally have to do. It was another one of those consistency jobs that focused on diligence. It was nice to have an established routine to being my day.

                I also worked on some items that will help me with my application into different colleges. The major thing I worked on was the Common App that many public and private colleges take. It’s a big, bulky online resume of your education, family, heritage, and involvement. Jesse said that he wanted to see it completed soon so we could talk more about my ideas of college and some catching up. The most difficult part of the Common App was the essay portion because I had to choose between some very interesting prompts. I picked the prompt which is described as an interest or background information that should be included with the application. Right now, I don’t have it complete, but I am outlining what I want to say. I will be talking about my involvement with the community parks and how I transitioned into a leader while working with sustainable projects.          

                I can’t wait until I finish the Common App because then applying to colleges will be so much easier and efficient. The colleges I will be sending the application to are MSU, Lourdes University, and U of M Ann Arbor. This is exciting for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog