Christopher Lara, October 5, 2015



Consistency and Order
Today in Setech, I had more data entry to work on from last week, so as soon as I arrived at my desk, I began working on that task.

This set of spread sheets were similar to the last set, except they were more difficult to read. I managed to get through them, but I realized that small changes or errors may snowball into a large effect. If someone wrote a zero instead of the letter ‘O’ in a spreadsheet, it could have drastic effects in code or data. This problem could escalate if I had to enter this data, but entered it wrong, I could be damaging tons of data if someone wanted to look for this part.

I think the importance of making sure everything is in order and working in an accurate pace, rather than a quick pace, is overall sustainable for a company. It promotes positive work ethics, and helps it stand out as a company that makes fewer mistakes than other companies.

I still have to enter some more data on Friday, but it is a task I look forward to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog