5~22~13 : Work Ethics


As I walked into Ideal today I didn’t feel too excited. Although every time I come to work I am very happy and full of energy, this morning wasn’t one of those days. I walked into the ADMIN office and was ready to start my day.
I saw Sylvia, Amanda, and Osmara at their desks and greeted them all. I got ready to go to the garden to help with a volunteer group all morning. When I got there I saw some kids that were ready to conquer the day. I got some of them started on testing and placing soaker hoses in the beds. The students knew what to do so I let them take over for a little. It have them a sense of leadership. They were great and productive so then I had them shovel dirt into a pile in a certain location. This job took some time and a lot of work but we were able to complete it and have fun. After this the students left and I stayed little to clean up.
Sarah took me back to the office and I ate my lunch. I had a casual lunch while I completed some work I was to finish this afternoon. I had to complete my blog, create spreadsheet, and create a word document for the gardens. The word document was just research about some information of tasks I was to complete. These small jobs didn’t take long and I was able to finish them. I then was told that Sylvia wanted to take me to the garden to talk about some issues that we had to resolve. I took notes on all the things she told me and I made a plan on finding a solution for all these problems.
At the end of the day I completed some small tasks and had a talk with Sylvia about what was going to happen in the future. As my work grows, so do I. I am glad to be a part of Ideal and thrive for more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog