Google Friday


Today was a very exciting day. For the first time, I didn’t have to take the bus to work. Amanda picked me up from school since we had a meeting at Google and it was my first time speaking in front of a crowd. I was a little nervous but Amanda said it was going to be ok and I was going to be fine. I tried not to think about it and enjoy the ride. It’s been a while since I been to Ann Arbor and I forgot how it all looked and was excited to see all the building and structures all around.
                When we got to the city we looked for a parking garage and grabbed something to eat before the meeting started. We decided to go to Starbucks.  I had a Frappuccino and it tasked great and I tried pumpkin bread for the first time. I’m glad I did. After a few minutes, we headed to the Google building to begin our meeting. I spoke in front of a few people but it went better than I expected and went by very fast. I meet a few people that enjoyed what I talked about and had a little chat about my school and what I do at Ideal.
                After the meeting we went to eat at Zingermans which I haven’t been to in a long time. I had a good old BLT that tasted like heaven; I also had some root beer. I had a good talk with Linzie, Amanda, and Loren about where I’m going to work during the summer. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to work in the office or out in the shop but I still have a little bit of time to think about it. When we then went back to Ideal Group, I got started on some work until my ride was here to take me back to school. Overall my day went great. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog