Chris Lara 10-15-13

Chris Lara- 10/15/13
Today was educational.
I entered Ideal today with an accurate idea of what I was going to be doing. I received an email from Sylvia telling me that a reporter named Nancy Szerlag was coming to Detroit to write a story on Cadillac Urban Gardens. I prepared myself by printing information about the garden and set my tasks for the day.

            I was to check my email, correct business card information, re-address an envelope, and write a short summary of three experiences I learned while in the garden. I began immediately while the office was quiet. I finished the small tasks and then moved onto printing out the garden metrics for Nancy.

            I printed out all the info and waited for Sylvia and Nancy. When they arrived I greeted Nancy as politely as I could. I couldn’t wait to talk to her about my experiences in the garden. We sat in the conference room and talked about how I got involved and what we grow in the garden. Soon, Frank walked in and he talked to Nancy. I loved hearing what story Frank had today, and I had a great time listening.

            Then we moved our conference to the garden. When we arrived, I showed her all the quadrants and rows of bins. She asked many questions .Sylvia, Sarah and I were able to answer all of them. We moved from bin to bin talking about its purpose. While we did this, Nancy took notes. When we were finished in the garden we went to lunch.

            At lunch, Nancy gave us tips on how to keep the garden sustainable. She also gave us advice for the future. We all had a great lunch and then rushed back to the office.


            At the office, we talked shortly on what she really liked and Sylvia told her about upcoming events. We also talked about some photos that she had from a photo shoot we had in July. It was interesting to see these photos again and I was glad to see how the garden has grown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog