Chris Lara 10-1-13

Blog: Chris Lara 10-01-2013

My work days at Ideal are getting more interesting every time I come.

I came to work today in a very gloomy mood. I didn’t want anyone to think I am not ready to work so I put my best ‘smile’ on and started to log onto my computer. After a short while, Sylvia came into the office. I greeted her and continued to check my mail. Then, she wanted to talk to me for a brief time to talk about my backlog and what I’m going to do for the rest of the day. I was to learn how to send a piece of certified mail, write a short story of how Cadillac Urban Gardens has changed me, and I had to make some more packages for the DHDC Gala.

I started on the piece of certified mail. I had no idea what this was for but I did some research. Certified mail means that the sender gets a signed receipt proving that you did indeed receive the mail. I looked at the rates online at the United States Postal Service website. They had the updated rates there so it wasn’t too hard to fill out the receipt. I put this job off because I knew how to finish it so then I went on to making some packages.

I made 17 packages containing information for an event coming up at Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation. I had to customize a special letter to every invitee, label a yellow envelope, and include a brochure with some extra information. This took most of my time so I tried to be quick with my next task.

Finally, I had to make a short summary of what I learned in the Garden over the years I’ve been there. I wrote some things down like:
·         I developed leadership skills
·         I was able to connect people in the community
·         I was able to be an intern at The Ideal Group
·         I learned a great amount of information about agriculture.
I wrote some other things down but these were just my favorite.

       

     I worked until the end of the day and I was able to get out of my gloomy mood. I enjoyed this day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog